Employees play a vital role in the functioning of any organisation. They are the main implementer of the companies’ policies and work strategies. Therefore hiring the right kind of employees is important. If the right kinds of employees have been appointed they prove to be an asset for the organisation and if the employees are inefficient in their work then the organisation may have to suffer in terms of performance and overall progress, such employees prove to be liability to the organisation. Therefore the hiring process is an important process for the whole organisation and its future outcome.
Now the question is how to hire the right employee. While hiring employees one can keep the following things in mind:
The first step should be planning he whole process of hiring. For what post you need to hire employees, what should be their job profile, how one is going to recruit an employee. For this purpose the executives in the management can have a detailed meeting and discussion regarding these issues.
2) Preparing a checklist
Always prepare a check list for the recruitment process. The check list should contain details about the number individuals to be interviewed; what all is expected from the candidates; record of the skills, qualifications and experience of the candidates being shortlisted for interview. It should also contain details about what all to ask in the interview, criteria for selection of candidates and so on.
3) Job profile description
This one of the important things which needs focus. One should be clear about what all responsibilities are to be given to the new employee. What will be his duties; what will be his reporting style and hierarchy. In short what the new employee has to do and perform in the organisation.
Be precise in the interview. Always ask the right kind of questions and be clear what you expect and looking for in the candidate.
5) Screening and rechecking
Once the interview of all the candidates have been completed. One needs to screen each candidate on the basis of their qualification, experience and skills to shortlist the candidate who actually fits the job profile. It is also necessary to screen and verify the entire document like certificates, resume etc. for their reliability.
Once the candidates have been shortlisted for selection, always remember to verify about them from the references they provide in the resume; or verify about them from the companies they had been associated in the past.
If one keeps these things in mind while hiring heir employees one is sure to end up employing the right kind of candidate for respective jobs. These employees will surely be assets for their organisation and will work efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of the organisation.
Now let’s talk about the things one should look for while hiring an employee. While interviewing a candidate always look for the following things:
- Competence: See whether the candidate possesses the required qualification, skills and experience to handle the responsibilities of the job profile.
- Talent: Judge the candidate on the basis of their talent to handle the duties of the organisation; whether he possesses problem solving abilities and innovative ways to carry on his duties.
- Devotion: One needs to verify whether the candidate has the dedication and commitment to work for the welfare of the organisation.
- Adjustment: also make sure that the person is adjusting and would be able to work in a team; whether he will be able to adjust to the new work environment.
- Skills: Note about the skills he possesses and make a note on ow these skills can be utilised for the betterment of the organisation.
- Weaknesses: One should also be able to judge the candidates weak points and make a mental note on how to improve them to improve this performance level.
- Communication skills: Candidates are also judged for their communication skills, their persuasive powers, their way of expression, way of working and communicating orders to their subordinates and colleagues.
- Values and work ethics: While employing an employee also look for the work ethics and values he follows and whether it is suitable for the organisation.
- Let the happiness bloom in heart #Starbucks - July 24, 2022
- Happy Sunday – A Day to Relax, to be Refreshed, Restored, and Renewed - June 9, 2022
- Wonderful Wednesday at Starbucks (With Cold Brew with Ginger Ale Tonic) - June 3, 2022
Hiring employees, is a very responsible job as it is gonna decide the future of any company.
Thanks for sharing this post.
Keep up the good work 🙂
Thanks for the feedback dear