Freelancing has both benefits and challenges. You may come about clients who are easy to handle and work with, similarly, sometimes you may come across clients who are difficult to tackle and satisfy. Today we are going to talk about how to handle freelance clients in an efficient way:
- You should know your domain. What you will do or plan to do. What type of projects interest you or you want to work on? What type of clients you want to develop a relationship with and so on.
- Work in coordination with your client while working on projects. Keep in touch with them, update them about the work status, clarify all doubts related to work well in advance to avoid errors, and waste of time and energy
- Sometimes it becomes difficult to satisfy certain clients, try your level best to satisfy them by an outing in your best efforts, still if the client is unsatisfied, then it is always better to walk away with a polite gesture and word. Don’t use harsh words or attitude to do so, as this may spoil your reputation.
- When taking up work always make it a point to keep some documentation regarding the projects, like the scope of work, contract, working terms, and conditions. While updating the client about work status, do it in a written form, say by email, SMS text etc, so that you have some proof ready if some problem arises reading the work performance.
- Before accepting the projects go through the terms and conditions thoroughly. Before agreeing to works clarify all your terms and conditions, such that your field of interest, your skills, expected payment and so on.
- Keep a record of the interactions related to work, written communications, work status etc. Clarify doubts related to the project.
- A lot of problems arise due to payment issues. When the client is too demanding, asks for clarification, corrections a lot, he may plan to deduct payment, he may delay payments. Such issues are a bit difficult to handle as you can’t be aggressive on them, still, you want that you should be paid for the work you have done. In such cases, it always better to work in a patient and calm manner. Be firm while standing for your rights and asking for your payment, yet be polite and gentle by gesture and words while discussing the issue; as you need to develop a good rapport and long-term work relationship with the client for a prosperous freelancing career.
- If the client seems to be too difficult to handle and it becomes difficult for you to satisfy him. In such a case First, try to understand what exactly the client desires from you, and then work on those guidelines, if still, he is not satisfied with your work, then walk away in a polite manner.
Freelancing is a good option for making some quick money. One can earn and learn at the same time. Hope this blog will help you to handle your clients in an efficient way.
Thank you @
- Let the happiness bloom in heart #Starbucks - July 24, 2022
- Happy Sunday – A Day to Relax, to be Refreshed, Restored, and Renewed - June 9, 2022
- Wonderful Wednesday at Starbucks (With Cold Brew with Ginger Ale Tonic) - June 3, 2022