In today’s fast moving life one has to undertake multiple responsibilities. One has to balance both work and home responsibilities together. Maintaining a balance between the two is a tough job. But it can be easy if certain things are taken into consideration. Today let’s talk about how to maintain harmony between home and work responsibilities?
Tips to Maintain Balance between Work and Home Responsibilities
- Firstly one should keep their personal and professional lives separate. Don’t bring in work tension and problems home, similarly never let problems related to your personal life hamper your career or job.
- Schedule yourself for tasks, allot time frame for each task be it at home or work.
- Remember to spend quality time with your family, specially your children as they require your love, affection and guidance for a better future.
- Finish all office work in the office itself, or if time permits finish it the next day, try not to carry office work home, as his may interfere with your family time.
- If you have a busy schedule, or you have to keeping moving out of station on work related tours. Then make it mandatory that you spend weekends with your family. You may also go out for short family vacations.
- When at work devote all time and energy on official tasks, avoid doing personal tasks at office hours. If any home task need to be done on urgent basis then try doing it during breaks, like coffee or lunch break.
- Be punctual to office, similarly try and leave for home at the right time to finish off household chores and responsibilities.
- Plan your week in advance so that you are able to devotee sufficient time and input to both office and home tasks.
- Try and divide household tasks with your spouse, share household responsibilities, this will lessen the burden over you.
- Spend time with your children, ask them how their school was, what problems they are facing, guide them through their studies and issues related to personal and career development.
- In a similar way you also need to spend some quality time with your spouse, ask him/her how his/her day went, how everything at office was, how their health is and so on. Go out for dinner or outings together.
- Avoid activities which sap your time and drain your energy. Avoid spending much time with gossiping colleagues who are more interested in wasting time in gossips rather than doing productive work.
- Stay away from negative people who try to develop a gap between your spouse or co-workers, by negative gossips and activities.
- Outsource some of your household work to save some quality time. You can opt for agencies which assist in electricity, water, mobile bills etc. You can order your grocery, medicines etc. online. You can also employ housekeeping staff to help you with household chores.
- As most people have hectic schedules now days, it is always better to take out some time for exercise and one should also indulge in relaxation activities. Relaxation activities will help your mind to calm down and lead a stress free life. They will also relax your body physically. One can go in for yoga and meditation, games like pool, bowling, watching TV, listen o music or just read a book to freshen up your mood and body.
- Be systematic in whatever you do. Be organised both t office and home, as this will save a lot of time of yours.
- Develop a habit of maintaining a dairy, where you write down tasks which need to be handled. Also note down important dates and time for meetings, nte down important family dates like anniversaries and birthdays.
- If you need to take leave for some important family work like visit to the doctor, visit to your children’s school or you have to attend some family function, and then always inform your seniors well in advance, so that they are able to depute some other person for your office responsibilities. In the same time complete all your office tasks in advance before going on leave, avoid procrastination and keeping work pending.
- If you are facing some drastic family problems, like if someone from your family is chronically ill, or you need to take care of your aging parents, then discuss this issue with your seniors, and let them be aware of your position. Try and reschedule your timetable in such a way that your office work does not suffer while you are taking care of your home responsibilities.
Maintaining balance between home and work responsibilities is very essential for a stress free life. Many people undergo a lot of anxiety when they are unable to maintain this balance. But with little effort and consciousness one can easily master this task. If you too face similar problem, trying following these easy tips to bring about harmony in your personal and professional life.
- Let the happiness bloom in heart #Starbucks - July 24, 2022
- Happy Sunday – A Day to Relax, to be Refreshed, Restored, and Renewed - June 9, 2022
- Wonderful Wednesday at Starbucks (With Cold Brew with Ginger Ale Tonic) - June 3, 2022
Nice work ,
Keep going on