Download a copy of your Facebook account data on your computer
Posted on 04 JAN 2017 Under Internet Category
In this blog, we will learn how to download all images, videos, messages etc from your Facebook account?
Facebook provides a great feature to download your all personal data which you have updated or uploaded on your Facebook account. This option is known as “Download a copy of your Facebook data”.
Remember: the downloaded data contain your all personal information like images, videos, inbox messages, contacts, posts etc, so you should save downloaded data on a very secure place.
Let’s learn how we can download all data, here are the simple steps:
1) Login your Facebook account (Sorry to write this step but, this is a very first step to open your Facebook account).
2) Click on the dropdown icon (just right from the "Privacy Shortcuts" Icon) and open “Settings” (See the image).
3) Click on “Download a copy” of your Facebook data.
4) Click on “Start My Archive” button.
5) Then “Request My Download” confirmation box with the message "It may take a little while for us to gather your photos, wall posts, messages, and other information. We will then ask you to verify your identity in order to help protect the security of your account." will appear, click on “Start My Archive” button.
6) Following message will appear with the message “We are gathering your information and will send an e-mail to YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS when it is ready for download”. Click on “Ok” button.
Facebook will send a Link to your Email Address, you have to click on the link and downloading will be started (Sometimes downloading will be started as you confirm the above message box, so keep your one eye in the bottom of your web browser).
All data will be downloaded in a Zip file, extract the file and get your facebook’s account all images, videos, contacts etc.